The MFS is a non-profit community organisation, here to enhance your enjoyment and personal growth through active participation in the arts, and a range of community and social activities.
The Ball Dance Program is now available - follow this link. Don't know the dances - learn them at Monday Night Workshops during July and August.
- Latest News upcoming event highlights and other announcements
- Calendar our full events diary in a Google calendar for your convenience
- Survey Been to an MFS Event? Please take our short anonymous survey. We appreciate and need your feedback.
- Payments Credit Card, Debit Card or PayPal
- Bush Dance Group run Bush Dance Classes, Second Saturday Bush Dances, a Christmas Bush Dance, and other bush dance activities with live music by the Bush Capital Band.
- Canberra Contra Club dedicated to the Contra Dances of the New England area of the United States with music by the Canberra Contra Club Band and friends.
- End of Month Bush Dances and other special bushdance events, with a variety of live music.
- English Country Dancing Dances from Country, Playford, Pride and Prejudice, or Pat Shaw.
- Irish Set Dancing weekly classes, and dances and ceilis.
- Kids Dance especially for children and their young at heart carers - dance the afternoon away to live music. A free event.
- The Merry Muse Canberra's best live performance venue.
- Tuesday Night Music Group somewhere between beginners and intermediate level musicians.
- NEW Arthritis Folk Dance
Joining the MFS
- Joining MFS You are welcome to come and try any of our activities with no obligation to join the society. If you enjoy yourself, we are sure that you will want to join to support the cause, and for the member discounts.
The MFS is open to anyone who wants to be part of promoting and running, or simply enjoying, activities like those above. The MFS will support you to pursue your folk interest if it is not currently an active part of the MFS.
The MFS is meant for folk like you. Why not join as soon as you can and open a door to a whole new world of participation?
- About the Monaro Folk Society Web Site an overview of this web site, and the Monaro Folk Society.
- Public Index an alphabetical index of our activities.
- Members Index a complete index of this site and the members-only site, for Monaro Folk Society members.
- MFS-Announce free email list.
Full-time students are offered half price entry to all bush dancing events, just show your student card.
Content Manager: MFS Committee assisted by MFS Organisers; Status: Confirmed by MFS Committee 24Mar15.Website Hosted by Ask Charly Leetham